These quote are so shiny.
They are so pure and so innocent. In celebration of Roald Dahl month, each year children and adults around the UK, celebrate with a wonderful assortment of events centred around his birthday on 13th September.
Here're are some wonderful words written by Roald Dahl:
1) This one, is my all time fave: "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
I wasn't expecting to see this quote in The Twits - because most of the characters in this children's book are not very lovely. The quote relates to Mrs Twit, whose lack of good thoughts leads her to become uglier and uglier...
2) I obviously like this one because I have a love for words and this one is just apt: "Don't gobblefunk around with words" said by The Big Friendly Giant to Sophie in The BFG.
3) Twinkly eyes are a big deal in Roald Dahl world, I'll have you know. This quote is a good one because it's about making yourself feel good on the inside if you want to show happiness on your face.
It's impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren't feeling twinkly yourself.
Danny from Danny, the Champion of the World says this about his father.
4)I love people who have a passion for something. Anything - be it a business idea, a hobby or their friends and family. That's why I like this Roald Dahl quote so much:
" I began to realise how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.”
-My Uncle Oswald
5) “I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.”
-Said by Fantastic Mr. Fox and Something I feel like saying to certain individuals ;)
6) And to finish this tribute - I'm finishing on a notion that is super wise - especially for a children's book: “Nothing is any fun if you can get as much of it as you want. Especially money.”
-The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More
Which of these quotes speak out to you the most? Do you have any of your own favourite Roald Dahl quotes that I haven't included already? Tell me in the comments below.